Saturday, June 27, 2009

Brooklyn Lager - USA



This is a first for me. An American beer that isn't like making love in a canoe ("Fucking close to water!"). Brooklyn Lager boasts that it's the "pre-prohibition beer" which may or may not be true. Still, there is something distinctly classic tasting about this reddy-ambery, malty, yeasty, floral and quite strong lager. Drinking it makes me think about hot dogs and baseball, and I delight in the idea that depression era pissheads might have sipped this while looking nervously over their shoulders in damp basements and wearing fingerless gloves. I think I will be having a bit more of this in the future. Probably Americans look down on this stuff derisively but it is still quite a novelty for me. Like it.

2 comments:

-∆ said...

I'll take your recommendation into consideration. I've never seen it before. Where do you get it?

Blackwood said...

I got mine in a box off the internet, so haven't a clue. You can probably get in New York I imagine.