Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Update

Hello peeps. As most, if not all of you will know, Kaki and I got married nearly three weeks ago, and this is the reason for my lapse in blogging. Since most of my readership were probably at the wedding, I will scrimp a bit on the details and say it was a thoroughly enjoyable day for all concerned, not least the people who drank themselves into comas.

Feeling pretty good to be a married man, though in reality I think it doesn't actually feel that different. I have pretty much considered Kaki and I "married" since we first started seeing one another 4 years ago, but there you go. So same old Dave, if anyone was worried about me up and changing on them.

In other news: met Gordon Brown this week, at Kinghorn Ecological Centre. I was allowed around 60 seconds to ask him whatever questions I wanted, so long as they were about Kinghorn Ecological Centre. So I asked "How do you like Kinghorn Ecological Centre?" He said he approved of it. It's not like I had any barbed questions up my sleeve, but it wasn't great to have people telling me what he would and would not talk about. Anyway, he seemed all right, looking perhaps a little pale, but certainly like he would rather be mucking around with ducks in Kinghorn than being spit-roasted by Cameron and Clegg on the floor of the House of Commons. Urgh, actually that is a truly horrible image. I meant metaphorically spit-roasted. You're sick in the head.



Had a bottle of this while I was on my holidays: Black Isle Organic blonde. It's a natural tasting, wholesome and full-flavoured lager that has made me vow never to drink Tennants again. That is it. Never again. Why should I? I deserve better.

3 comments:

-∆ said...

For the record, the unnamed persons who drank themselves into comas drank quite a lot, actually, and wouldn't have had so much if Iain's dad didn't buy him that last cup of wine when I was clearly over my limit already. It was a lot, I tell you!

You may be interested to know that a mystery of that night was recently resolved while I was listening to the radio. Shortly before I took a short break from creating memories, I remember being on the dance floor seeing Ed and some others belting out some song that for the life of me I could not remember. It was bugging me for virtually the entire week after. Finally, on a ride home the other night, it came on the radio... Human League - Don't you want me. Finally hearing it felt like I'd passed a kidney stone.

Mrs Fish said...

Being spit-roasted by Cameron and Clegg on the floor of the House of Commons!? Shame on you. I am totally 100% disturbed. Just no!

Mrs Fish said...

Oh yes. And Black Isle Blonde is brilliant. You should come through to Edinburgh for a trip to Cloisters/Blue Blazer. They have a many a fine beer.

And your wedding was truly brilliant - myself and my lovely new husband thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.